- BCCHE Boone County Christian Home Educators
- The Master’s Study II (Whitestown)
- Classical Conversations (Zionsville, Brownsburg, NW Indy)
- Lebanon Homeschool Learning Club Facebook page (Lebanon)
- Heritage Builders
- LHE (Lighthouse Home Educators)
- Classical Conversations
- The Master’s Study II
- Great Commission Academy (Indianapolis)
PEACE (Private Educators Accessing Counsel & Encouragement) Calling all disconnected privately educating families! Our family wants to offer fellowship and strengthening in our area. We open our home once a month for pitch in dinner type fun. Like-minded Christians are prayerful about educational needs and dynamics of the home school, connect with us and be encouraged. We have some organized outreaches for the whole family to do together throughout the month. Isaiah 54:13
After weighing the pros and cons of standarized testing, sometimes parents make the decision to have their child(ren) tested. But who will do this? With enough interest, support groups will sometimes offer to set up administration of certain standardized tests . However, if that is not available, then what? In an attempt to offer help in this area, here are a few people and organizations that might be consulted. You will need to contact them directly to determine type of testing, availability, scheduling, and fees associated with the testing.
• IN-TEACH has been testing homeschoolers for a number of years and offers testing services yearly, every spring, using the Stanford Achievement Test which measures academic skills such as reading comprehension, vocabulary, math concepts and computation, listening, spelling, grammar, and others. The test is available for grades K-12. This year, the testing will be done June 1,2, and 3 at the Reformed Presbyterian Church at the corner of Southport Road and Meridian Street on the Indianapolis southside. The test administration fee is $30/child. This does not include the cost of the test which you order directly from BJU Press. The administration fee is not due until the first testing day. Support groups may submit group orders.
• SAT Testing For information, go to College Board. Once there, click on “SAT Calendar Dates and Fees”. Then click on “Code Search” to the left of the screen. After that, click on “Test Centers” in the middle. You’ll need to pick a date and city in the next screen, then “search”. They will pull up all the test centers for that particular date in/around that particular city. Hit “search again” to continue to try different dates/cities until you find the date and place that works best for you.
• Central Indiana Home School Band Mr. Dana Heidenreich (765-346-0158) offers weekly instruction at all levels plus other musical opportunities. Also has Heidenreich Music Studios, offering private and group lessons.
These homeschooling clubs may not be made up entirely of homeschoolers. Some counties allow people from other counties to participate in county clubs, others do not. Please check the reciprocity if you are choosing out-of-county clubs.
• Hendricks County “Discovery 4-H Club ” Becky Daily 317-828-1953 Year-round monthly evening meetings at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds. Open to any child who is in 3rd – 12th grade.
•Putnam County “Live-n-Learn 4-H Club” Penny Taylor 317-539-2199 Year-round monthly meeting on the 3rd Monday of the month from 7pm to 8:30pm at the Taylor home. Grades 3 – 12.
American Heritage Girls
* Boone County AHG Troop IN2114 meets in Lebanon
• Hendricks County Living Waters Marlins (Plainfield) High School & Jr. High Boys & Girls Basketball