The IAHE depends on the dedication of servant-hearted people.
Committee and Convention Volunteers
Are you looking for a way to make a difference in the life’s of Indiana homeschoolers? Do you have a desire to help ensure our homeschooling freedoms for future generations? The IAHE can use your help. We have active projects and committees that operate year-round and are always looking for willing set hands. Many volunteer jobs can be done from home.
If you have a willing heart we’d love to hear from you.
Email us and let us know a little bit about yourself: email@example.com
The mission of IAHE is to promote home education in the state of Indiana by influencing the legislature, providing support to home educators, and promoting home education. Our goal is to use guiding principles to support the strategic plan of the Board to accomplish our agenda. We set forth the following guiding principles to promote value added decision making:
- Christ Centered
- Gospel Centered
- Matthew 18
- Grace Based
- Team led and driven
- Measurable results-What are the results of our efforts?
- Outward focus-reaching out to the community we serve.
IAHE is a ministry that relies heavily on volunteers with a servant’s heart to serve the mission of IAHE and further homeschooling in the state of Indiana. In order to aid our volunteers, IAHE has created positions with definable and attainable objectives. Each area of responsibility will be defined using Key Result Areas (KRA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI). KRAs are certain responsibilities that will be his/her key result areas. Example – Convention coordinators would have KRAs associated with contracts, logistics and vendors.
Identifying KRAs helps individuals:
- Clarify their roles
- Align their roles to IAHE’s strategic plan
- Focus on results rather than activities
- Communicate their role’s purposes to others
- Set goals and objectives
- Prioritize their activities
- Make value-added decisions
Key Performance Indicators are performance targets set by IAHE for various positions as a way of measuring KRAs to ensure the strategic plan is met. Example – KPI for the Convention Coordinator would include: gross revenue, caliber of speakers, market and outreach. These are all quantitative results.
Position: Regional Representatives
Reports to: Director of Regional Representatives
The Regional Representatives are the direct link between IAHE and leaders of home school support organizations in Indiana. The Regional Representatives are the face, eyes and ears of the IAHE to keep open communication between the organization, local support groups and home educators.
- Respond promptly to needs of home educators in your region such as answering questions, assisting in starting support groups, etc.
- Assist with maintaining an accurate database of support groups, cooperatives, and other home education related entities such as sports teams and speech and debate clubs.
- Assist in developing and implementing regional leadership seminars for support group leaders.
- Assist with maintaining an accurate regional directory.
- Keep regional web page and calendar current and relevant.
- Conduct Internet searches for new groups.
- Research online articles and newsletters for interesting topics concerning leadership.
- Assist in development of Quarterly Leader Newsletter.
- Moderate your Region’s Forum.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior while representing IAHE.
- Attend a monthly phone meeting with Board member.
- Provide a quarterly report of events and news from your region for The Informer.
- Assist at Convention and other IAHE Events.
- Each Regional Representative Couple will use Key Performance Indicators to annually evaluate their performance and report to the Director of Regional Representatives.
Interested candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a married couple.
- Enjoy serving others.
- Must have served in support group leadership for at least two years. (preferred)
- Must currently home educate and be familiar with resources in your area. (preferred)
- Must provide two letters of recommendation from members of the support group you lead or other leadership responsibility.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to answer questions in a timely manner.
- This is a one year commitment.
Persons interested in volunteering as a Regional Representative should please contact Shawn King.