This document outlines the Terms of Service for using the Indiana Association of Home Educators (IAHE) website. The goal of this document is to outline the expectations and acceptable use of www.iahe.net.
1. Purpose of Agreement:
Subscriber desires to utilize Provider’s Web services for the purpose of maintaining a presence on the Internet. Provider will provide services according to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
2. Services to be Provided:
Provider agrees to provide Subscriber with family access to IAHE for the purpose of establishing an account on the IAHE website. IAHE will provide all the necessary system requirements to run this application on the World Wide Web.
IAHE retains the right to terminate the service of any subscriber who infringes or violates any terms of service listed here.
4. Subscriber Obligations:
The Subscriber agrees to use the system as defined by this agreement. The Subscriber recognizes IAHE need to uphold the law and Web site standards set forth in this agreement. The Subscriber therefore agrees to the following:
- All content uploaded to the Subscriber’s Web site is the property of the Subscriber’s homeschool group, or the Subscriber has obtained official permission from the content’s rightful owner to display the content. This ‘content’ includes, but is not limited to: copyrights, trademarks, patents, graphics, photos, logos, intellectual property, written articles, or text of any kind that was taken from a third party source.
- The Subscriber will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local laws concerning the collection and dissemination of personal information taken from users through Subscriber’s site.
- Will not use any of IAHE to send unsolicited emails, otherwise known as spamming.
- Will not post any content that is considered illegal under the law.
- Will not post any content that can be considered obscene, profane, libelous, or racist in nature.
- Will not post any content that is pornographic.
- Will not post any programs or files that are protected by copyrights against duplication.
- Will not post any programs that are malicious in nature, i.e. virus, worm, etc…
The System – The Provider owns all rights to all files, technology, and branding that comprises IAHE application and any associated graphics or graphical templates.
The Content – The Subscriber agrees that any content shared on IAHE site is granted complete usage to IAHE. The Subscriber is therefore liable for all content on the site.
Both the Provider and the Subscriber agree to protect the information and rights each has in regards to The System and The Content.
6. Limited Warranty and Liability:
IAHE is provided ‘as is’ without any warranties. IAHE is not liable for any network, hardware, or software failures. If a Subscriber is dissatisfied with the service, the Subscriber can cancel the service with written notification to the Provider.
7. Prohibition of Illegal Content and Activity:
Subscriber agrees to abide by all copyright, obscenity, and other laws governing content of publications in the United States of America and the State of Indiana. Furthermore, Subscriber agrees that Provider shall in no way be liable or held legally accountable for the content of Subscriber’s materials or information stored on or transmitted from Provider’s computers. If in the opinion of Provider’s legal counsel, Subscriber’s materials or information violate federal or state law, said materials may be removed or the Web site shutdown without warning or compensation.
8. Agreement Period:
This agreement is in force as long as the Subscriber is using Provider’s services.
9. General Provisions:
|a.||This Agreement is the sole and entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all understandings, agreements and documentation relating to such subject matter. IAHE reserves the right to make amendments to this agreement at its sole discretion.|
|b.||If any provision in this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.|
|c.||This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana.|
|d.||This Agreement does not create any agency or partnership relationship.|
|e.||This Agreement is not assignable by either party without the prior written consent of the other.|